Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Improving My Vision Naturally

Before
Not so good at reading without glasses.
After (in the ever so hopeful future)
Speed reading without glasses (or contacts) at 30 words/second.

I've heard tales of several people who have been able to cure their poor eye sight naturally. My goal is to do the same. Why couldn't it happen? Why are we suddenly acting surprised at new brain research that shows how plastic our brains can be if we can really train our mind power.

My lovely aunt in Nova Scotia heard about my quest to cure my eyesight and recommended the book The Program for Better Vision by Marin Sussman. I had no idea there was an actual program.

Here's some quick theory behind the book:

5 Common Misconceptions:
  1. Poor vision is inherited.
  2. Vision inevitably deteriorates with age.
  3. Poor vision is caused by certain visual activities.
  4. Weak eye muscle cause poor vision.
  5. Seeing is solely a physical/mechanical process.
We can divide our life into three periods--
BIRTH---Period A) Naturally clear vision Period----Period B----Period C) Needing glasses--- DEATH

Period B) is called The Transition Period, and I can remember mine clearly. It was a mega-traumatic time of my life, readjusting to huge life extremes during my college years. It was emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically challenging. Part of the vision-healing process is rooted in working through residual gunk from my Transition Period.

This personal project will take several weeks of daily commitment to doing my exercises (~1/2 hr/day). There are about 8 different exercises, from physical challenges, to reiki, to visualizations, to posture. to meditation. I'm stoked!

What's the worst that can happen--I work-through passed trauma and develop X-ray vision? That's got its perks, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment