Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blood.Brothers.Suckers

My brother, Matty, came over my house to hang a couple of weeks ago and felt the wrath of the mosquito brothel in my backyard. He figured out that the mosquitoes are laying their eggs in my open rain barrel. We can't even go outside or the mosquitos will mutilate our faces in a ruthless bloodbath.
Sorry, Oakley-- my bad. 

So the next day he (Matty, not the Lama) came over with a jar of mosquito-larva-eating fish that he uses in his pond. They are called Gambusia, I believe. Or just call them mosquito fish.


THREE WEEKS LATER
After the fish had their feeding frenzy, I'm happy to report the mosquito life cycle has been broken! I finally hung out in the hammock today in our back yard with no mosquito bites. The hammock is once again one of my three happy places I go to mentally, and now physically. I kind of expected the fish to be so huge after feeding on the mosquito larva that they'd look like tilapia. No such luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment