Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ankle Pics are Faux-Chicken Soup for Soul

Day 3 after the injury:

It looks worse, but it feels much better.

I took yesterday completely off except for RICE-buprofen.
We didn't have any ice in the house, so I had to use frozen fruits and vegetables. I don't even know what those purple berries are but they were infinitely colder than ice and they stained my towels.
That's a hematoma, not residual berry juice.
Tonight, I'm getting back on the ice-grid. Wife's orders.

I hate HATE  HATE the idea of taking ibuprofen, but I took about 10 yesterday and 4 today. I find it weird that the injured body part would swell as a response to the trauma, yet I need to take a pill to make that process not happen. Is the body wrong or something? Coincidentally, my wife is having her wisdom teeth removed tomorrow and her post-op instructions inform her "swelling is unpredictable, but is a part of the body's natural healing process." Her doctor's instructions also tell her to take ibuprofen every couple of hours. I'm confused. Swelling is good. Anti-inflamatories are good. Aren't they mutually exclusive?

I've decided I'm done with the ibuprofen for now. Time to for the ice bath and time to think about shaving these gnarly drumsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment