Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Got Worms

"I got a big package for you." $40 worth of redworms arrive Friday and almost freeze their worm penises off sitting on my front stoop.

"Hurry up! Get their home ready." We don't have newspaper, so we just cut off the colored ink portions of old grocery bags and wet down the worm bedding.

Cutting hardware cloth and (finger cuticles accidentally) to create a faraday cage so there is no way cell phone signals will penetrate the worms' home.

Thunderdome meets Martha Stewart. A worthy worm home that allows castings and "worm tea" to fall to the bottom of the rubbermaid container.

Free Willy!

Dinner time. Worms eat half their weight daily. That's something we have in common.

Get busy making compost and making worm babies, please! I'll supply the kitchen scraps and Barry White music.

Ventilation holes for maximum worm air quality. Worm bins don't stink, but they need fresh air. I suspect I will have to make modifications once fruit flies come back in season.

We'll see how fast those little buggers work. I can't wait to harvest the soil and use it in my planters.

1 comment: